Software Architect and Developer | User Experience Technologist | Technical Lead | Agile Advocate
The Clifton StrengthsFinder
Top Five Themes
People who are especially talented in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.
People who are especially talented in the Responsibility theme take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.
People who are especially talented in the Relator theme enjoy close relationships with others. They find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal.
People who are especially talented in the Restorative theme are adept at dealing with problems. They are good at figuring out what is wrong and resolving it.
People who are especially talented in the Individualization theme are intrigued with the unique qualities of each person. They have a gift for figuring out how people who are different can work together productively.
Cardinal Health (Dublin, Ohio)
Architect, Digital Marketing
July 2017 – present
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining technical governance across the enterprise Digital Marketing landscape, including the Adobe Experience Manager platform
- Provide technical and execution direction for projects across the Digital Marketing space
- Working in coordination with Agile Teams, eCommerce DevOps, Software Configuration Services team to drive DevOps principals, automation, and new tooling to bridge gaps and establish a consistent code pipeline
- Execute Proof of Concepts to determine feasibility of solutions
- Research and evaluate new technical strategies, tools, and products to use in the Digital Marketing space
- Create and maintain architecture documentation and patterns for new and existing Digital Marketing projects
- Provide architecture and guidance for moving Adobe Experience Manager environments from on-premise servers to Amazon Web Services
Technical Lead and Senior Engineer, Digital Marketing
January 2015 – July 2017
- Provide technical leadership in digital marketing across all of Cardinal Health’s Corporate and eCommerce initiatives
- Leading user experience projects including a rewrite of our Medical eCommerce platform, our Corporate web site redesign (http://www.cardinalhealth.com), as well as our other brands including ParMed (http://www.parmed.com) and Cordis
- Deliver subject matter expertise in Adobe Marketing Cloud products and Adobe Experience Manager
- Drive Agile transformation and best practices in a traditional waterfall environment
- Development of Proof-of-Concept efforts to influence and boost efforts of digital marketing across Cardinal Health
- Contribute to the Digital Marketing strategy and direction for use across the enterprise
- Align digital marketing initiatives with other technical areas of the company
- Influencing change in the Enterprise IT space by advocating for stream-lined processes and use of open source technology
Senior Engineer, Fuse by Cardinal Health
February 2013 – January 2015
- Provide technical leadership and direction as Technical Lead for the Medication Order Management System (MOMS) NextGen project
- Training and mentorship of junior and contractor team members on patterns, practices, and technologies
- Responsible for coordinating and executing deployments through the change request process to production including database script and build preparation with DBA and CM teams
- Successful completion of projects across different enterprise business units using Agile methodologies, modern web technologies, and open source accelerators
Engineer, Enterprise Architecture Lab
August 2011 – October 2013
- Influence change in practices and behaviors across Enterprise IT by demonstrating “Architecture Through Action” approach
- Advise teams on strategies and direction for cross-browser development in the Commerce and Commercial organizations
- Work directly with business stakeholders and product owners to drive projects to completion as a passionate advocate for the technology and development approach
- Established standards in open source technologies through membership in the Open Source Technology Advisory Group
- Participated in the enterprise strategy for mobile application development through the company’s Mobile Center of Excellence
- Completed design and development of the company’s Mobile Web Application Architecture including presentation material, documentation, and Reference Application
- Evaluation of new products and technologies for use across the company including Node.js and Sencha Touch
Resource Interactive (Columbus, Ohio)
Senior Developer/Development Manager, Commerce
June 2006 – August 2011
- Design, develop and implement custom software applications for web sites using JSP, PHP and ASP
- Author project documentation for architecture, statements of work, requirements and project plans
- Estimation of technical efforts
- Manage development efforts for new applications, maintenance and social media projects
- Troubleshoot, debug and implement software code
- Created and led the Web UIPractice Group which educated junior developers, defined interface standards and managed code libraries
- Mentor junior developers to help them improve and add to their skill sets
- Develop prototypes, visual interfaces and interaction of web-based applications
- Aid in the look and feel of the site design
- Improve web site efficiencies by conforming to W3C recommendations as well as other standards
- Implement cross-browser functionality for the latest web browser technologies
- Developed SEO experiences
- Create Accessible markup which complies to WCAG standards.
- Design, build and maintain web development environments for the rest of the team
- Provide server maintenance for web servers and database servers
- Develop and oversee maintenance tasks such as launch procedures, software revision management, data backups and restorations
- Incorporated and practiced Agile development techniques into project work
CISP (Toledo, Ohio)
Database Administrator/Web Developer, Engineering
December 2002 – June 2006
- Design, develop and implement custom portal websites for ISP customers
- Administration and development of applications and Rodopi billing systems using Microsoft SQL 2000
- Architected, built and maintained custom, self-sufficient billing database used to bill collocation customers using Microsoft SQL 2000 custom
- Managed over a million dollars a month in customer billing.
- Created internal applications using classic ASP and ASP.NET for billing, customer and technical support
- Provide server maintenance for web servers and database servers
- Designed, developed and branded dialer, instant messenger and SlipStream acceleration software for ISP customers
ZiggyTech (Columbus and Toledo, Ohio)
June 1999 – present
- CompTIA A+ Certified.
- Build and support custom built desktop PCs.
- Design and setup small office networks.
- General web design and development for a variety of customers.
- Plan and install custom audio/video systems, including Home Theater.